Sunday, September 20, 2009

recipe success

Last week, we received a GIANT napa cabbage in our CSA box. Neither of us really knew what to do with it but we didn't want it to go to waste. After sitting in our fridge for a good week, we finally started looking up recipes. At the same time, we happened to catch a cooking show that used napa cabbage in a stir fry. Stir frys are a great way for us to use up vegetables and this time was no different. I loosely based our stir fry on this recipe, swapping out 1/2 of the meat for extra veggies -- broccoli, portabello mushrooms, yellow peppers, and carrots. I also quadrupled the sauce amounts and added some toasted seseme oil. Everything was served over brown rice.

I'd say this recipe was a success, plus we have lots and lots of leftovers, which will be really nice for this upcoming busy week.

I also made a pie this weekend, but considering that Aaron has already eaten 3 pieces today, I doubt it will last very long into the week ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment