Monday, August 24, 2009

30 weeks

I had my 30 week check up this morning and it was just as uneventful as my previous appointments. Baby has a good, strong heartbeat and is moving around quite a bit. He is still in a breech position, as he has been for the last 8 weeks – with no indication that he wants to flip around. I’m not sure I’d want to hang upside down either, but apparently that is a more comfortable position for babies, even if our little guy doesn’t seem to think so. If he is still breech at 36 weeks, we will need to meet with a doctor to discuss our options – either trying to flip him around or scheduling a C-section. My appointments going forward will be every two weeks until 36 weeks, and then every week after that.

I’m still feeling pretty good, although moving around has become more and more of an effort. On our trip this past weekend, we did a lot of walking around and I had to stop and sit down more often than normal. My main complaint is the heartburn. Last night, I finally broke down and took an antacid for the first time in my life, which seemed to do the trick. It's not something I have to deal with every day, but it does seem to occur more frequently than in the past. I'm sure all the barbecue didn't help matters, either :)

No comments:

Post a Comment